Sunday, November 09, 2003

I feel like Jules Verne's character

I mean, I actually gained a day. A whole Sunday to devote to something. I have no clue how that one happened by. My guess is it is somewhat rooted in the fact, that sheerly by getting caught up in studying so much that before i knew it, oh my goodness gracious! It's already early! And Test A is in x hours. Then work, and sort of nonstop caffeine consumption to study for an unintentional eight hours. (I mean, out of the sixteen, eight were unintentional). So I had very little fuel. And they (they being the unmentionables, thanks to a certain North-Central Floridian's State Education Center's student organization) also cancelled the Roots concert, which very briefly, had been the shining point of my week. So I was semi-bummer-ed. And then the full moon rose and experienced an eclipse, so my uterus thoughtfully geeked out for that. So, you know, gender roles and stuff, I must react. And me might having to be working over Thanksgiving break, that helps it be different.
But somehow, in all the self-involved hubbub, I managed to miss something and suddenly, I still have Sunday. Most likely to sleep. But don't you see? I have finished with studies! I don't have to work 'til Monday! I can read, I can eat (!tips!), I can be the rich peasant! I have myself an all time Classic, Lazy Sunday! I don't believe I've had one of these since I was an eight year old.*
So I will be enjoying it quite thoroughly. I think this is a Karma PTO type thing. Which just goes to show what a few nice manners (à la Phileas Fogg, or even Monsier Jean Passepartout) (!) can do for one's self. This inspires me to work more.
I've at least been trying to be optimistic. Even if the sky is gray and the chance of rain is 99%, I'll still put on sunblock and leave the umbrella behind. And I'm trying to think of real life as vacation, that way I have a long, but difficult vacation.

Anyways, keep your ears out for a hot-air balloon salesman, I might be interested as of tomorrow (or Sunday-day, as I am just getting off work.)
Laila-slash-Boker Tov.

*(But I'm pretty sure that one resulted in the Monday morning excuse I offered to my French teacher, in relation to the fact that I was without semi-important homeworkless. Semi-important, meaning, that it was worthy of the smartest kid's parent helping for a weekend. I think I may have even had a partner.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home