Friday, November 14, 2003

Jumping on the Bandwagon

These days, it seems everyone and their mother (now that's redundant!) is carrying the flu around like a Louis Vuitton handbag. (I'm more of a Kenneth Cole girl myself, if anyone was wondering what to get me for Chanukah.)

Anyways, I promised myself I'd be unique and not get sick. I thought I'd be an optimistic little thing and will myself into health. For weeks, it seemed to work quite well. I attributed my runny noses and "productive" coughs to the class room that was circulating dusty air. Exhaustion? Well that's just part of being a working student. Fever? I'm just that hot. Chills? Why it's 68 degrees out! (that's cold!) (ish.) Aches? I've been sleeping poorly!
I was not going to do what everyone else was doing, and that was catching the flu.

In my defense, I didn't catch the flu. The flu caught me. And very much by suprise, at that.
But now, it's exam season again. This is when lectures get really important, and I just can't miss class. And no one wants to pick up my shifts since their hands are full with the sick. So it looks like it's back to denial for me.

My allies through this next battle will most certainly be fluids, blankets and the coveted Big, Gray Sweatshirt.
(Don't worry, I'm still too cool to wear socks with flip-flops.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home