Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My sailor mouth

---I've never been shy about it.
My new word of the week is not SAT approved, but then, I never was seeking the College Board's approval. Ready?

$#%*&^@!!!!!!!

For Halloween, I was water. I looked lovely. There were pictures, but all in those little fun saver cameras, so you'll have to wait until someone else gets those developed, and then I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, settle for my flowery description. I wore a seafoam/teal tunic made of a sheer material, that had blue and greens in a flowy pattern. Then I wore my white bonnaroo broom skirt and gold Kenneth Cole flats (my favorite shoes). On my legs and arms, I coninuted the squiggly pattern with blues from Sharpies and my eyeliner. (product placement quickie: Rimmel is seriously my favorite makeup and the only reason that I shop at Walmart ever. It's cheap, it's good, it's colorful). My face make up was the piece de resistance, I layered an array of irridescence over my eyes and cheeks and forehead and artfully used the same blue eyeliner. It looked awesome, everyone said so.

I was really excited to vote this election ( I sent my absentee in last week). Go me. For some reason, Miami sent me two absentees, but I've disposed of the extra one so as to avoid voter fraud. And I wonder why the state was so disorganized last election. Go me.

What's up with all the Kerry mania? It's exciting to think that tomorrow we might have a real leader in power, but in the mean time, it's getting to be a trend on campus, like those fucking ugly donney and burke/louis vuiton rip-offs/actual louis vuiton excuses for purses. You know the ones I'm talking about, the white leather and the rainbow logo. You know they're ugly, too. What I don't get is why all these girls covet them.

Meanwhile, today, I've been seeing lots of priveleged-looking blondies and pastel playas with dubya stickers on. I must ask, what is dubya? Why would you want someone with a nick name along the lines of "Bubba" running your country? How does that inspire faith? And do you even know why you want to vote for him?

If you tell me that voting for Kerry because I want Bush out is the wrong reason to vote, and I should just not vote at all, I'll punch you in the face. Fuck that.

Women have fought a long, hard battle for this right and to not vote would be like spitting on that feminist ancestry. Voting isn't always something that's easy. But it's your duty as an American. It's one of those freedoms we went to war for, repeatedly.
Think of it as a test if you don't like either candidates. You remember back in middle school when the teacher would hand you a multiple choice test, inevitably, you'd come up with an asnwer to a question that you're sure you've got right, but it's not listed in the multiple choice. So what do you do? You pick the answer that seems the most right. Don't fucking argue about it, just do it.

In the mean time, I think Bush's economic policy is for shit in the country, and as proof, I recommend the compelling non-fiction, Nickel and Dimed. A woman pulls a total 180 in her life and starts working a bunch of jobs at minimum wage (Walmart, fast food, etc.) to see if it's really possible to support yourself in that spectre. It's not, and her book is an excellent testimonial.

(which reminds me, vote to increase minimum wage too!!!)

Okay, I really have to get my ass in gear for this film paper I'm writing....

VOTE, if you haven't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home