Monday, August 04, 2003

Good News.

I'm so over my funk.
I'm going "home" in a couple of weeks and have decided to buck up. I've been Kayaking a few times and swatting mosquitos in the Mangroves is great for stress, of which, I realized, I have none.
Plus, cousin Annie came for a visit.
Plus, when I was driving Annie back to the airport, I saw a car with a decal across the back window saying "God has been good 2 me" Generally, I get the urge to honk at the Jesus-freaks. But it occured to me that this man was thanking a non-denominational deity. And it's true, God, or whatever, has been good to me.
So funk, is out the window. Lousy funk.

If you're ever in the neighborhood, I highly recommend Kayaking at Oleta State Park, lots of cool stuff to see, great exercise, wonderful way to increase your chances of premature wrinkling.

Rented "The Life of David Gale" with Mama this weekend. I had heard excellent things. Instead I learned my lesson the hard way, forgetting to see what Mr. Cranky has to say. I'm trying not to bash the movie into a pulp, but I will say that Kate Winslet has only gotten more obnoxious since Titanic. I swear, the year at the Oscars, James Cameron paid the Academy to nominate all those schlubs. I also swear that when the woman is crying in movies, she sounds exactly like a birthing Rhinoceros. Lots of blubbering, forcing herself to remember her dead cat.

What else? Oh. I have become oddly fond of the scar on my knee, it adds character. Plus, everyone stares at it. I'm working on a good story. You know, "Some skank in this Texas bar was all, 'Bitch, you're in my seat.' and I was like, 'That's cuz I can drink more than you' and then I grabbed a bottle of Johnnie Walker and downed it and then smashed it open on her head, and she grabbed this knife and cut into my knee and then I took her ass down."
something along those lines.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home