Monday, November 15, 2004

I'm so heppy.

Before my class on Monday nights, film screening, I like to watch a bit of HBO or Encore to catch a comparison flick. Tonight, by some natural force, The Long, Hot Summer was on.
I'm sure you're all aware I have a "thing" for Paul Newman, and so, I watched. Mmmmmmmmmm. I had the urge to live in a completely other time...with pearls and maxi pencil skirts and beaus calling. No wonder Joanne Woodward fell in love with him. No wonder they're still together. If I had that ass, I'd never let go.
Anyways, I was also thinking about Roman Holiday. Classic Audrey Hepburn and classic Black and White Cary Grant being coyly romantic in Italy, it's classic Hollywood cinema.
But back to Paul, the movie is based on a series of Faulkner stories...so now, before Film Screening, I'm worked up all warm for Paul Newman and Faulkner. Talk about a perfect turn-on.

I really had a great time giving Laura pootie and M a taste of Gainesville. It certainly was a fantastic weekend, but I came upon the realisation that there are two types of College Towns in America. You have your "college" towns, like Gainesville. It's your basic pupil-centric community with student level culture. They have a lot to offer, undoubtedly, breeding teems of intellect, spit-fire, spirit and excitement. But when you compare them to say, College towns, like Boston, or New York City (which actually, isn't a college town at all, but with Columbia-- eff that mofo- and Barnard, NYU, and the Village in general...) you end up wishing Gainesville perhaps had more to offer. especially with the major events of the town revolving around Outdoor Cocktail Parties and Seminole attacks. The gals had a blast at Gator Growl, which didn't quite top Bill Cosby, but that was because Dane Cook wasn't headlining. He was so fucking hilarious. Check him out when you get the chance.

Anyways...just um, updating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home