Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Ends and Means

The school year hasn't even started and I am closing three nights in a row. I mean, this is how bad I want money, I'm offering my soul to the Pita Pit once more. It even means working with a manager "Edward" who isn't really pleasant to be around, and my humble hunch is, it's because he can't stand me. Wait that's not entirely true.
Sometimes, when we all go to the bar and he's drunk, he's a real Ms. Congeniality. Which causes me to think that work makes him an unhappy camper....and that's just about anyone.
Well, I have a whole summer of knee therapy behind me, an expired prescription for percoset and a thin budget, bring it on.

In other "news" I'm once again out of the nest. Thank the Sweet Lord. I have a whole room to myself. It's fabulous. The only thing is, I have a bunch of shit lying around because I'm trying to figure out the best place for it. Which means, really, I'll work for five minutes or so on putting books on a shelf and then turn on the computer and putz around. And then I'll focus again. And then, the ADD kicks in, and I'm more interested in stringing X-mas lights around.
I'll post pics when I get the chance, gentle readers, and you'll see that it was not in vain.

I'm running into people all over the place, my old roommate's boyfriend (still together?) and his friend, some guys who's names I can never remember but are always at Surfer Parties (always fun) and a few others from last year. And to my private glee and public dismay, they usually mutter after I'm (not enough) out of ear shot something about my weight loss....which allows me to segue into a lovely little story.

So the other night, the Gainesville Branch of the family went out to dinner. Devi's dad brought his girl friend, a pleasant Brazilian woman who speaks enough English. So she leans over to me and says something about me is different. I tell her I've lost weight. She asks, what's your secret? I tell her, I had surgery--to which she makes an understanding nod (as Brasil is number 1 in the world as far a plastic surgery is concerned)--to fix my knee and the result of the anesthesia was loss of appetite. But she thinks that I'm a lipo-gal now.

Which will make family gatherings all the more interesting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home