Friday, August 08, 2003

Prairie Home Companion to Blame

For my joke kick, that is.
Okay.
Did you hear about the new Pirate Movie?
It's rated Arrrgh!

Right then.
So. It seems that I've struck the figurative Oil as far as income is concerned.
Cash Flow project number One...Walking beautiful German Pointer belonging to neighbors and sort of house sitting. The dog has gotten compliments every time I walk it (which I prefer to honks and whistles). And although it is well-bred in the literal sense, Kelev has a penchant for taking shits on lawns. Me being a cat person, I'm rather embarrased but despite my tugs, a dog getting ready to go is hard to move. In any case, I get payed.
Cash Flow project number Two...Babysitting little cousin while Uncle is out taking advantage of Lobstrer Season and mother is away on business. This was simple enough. Wake Syd up, brush hair and teeth, breakfast, make lunch, get dressed, and get to Spanish Camp by 9. Have 'til 3 to do whatever and then pick up Syd. Play with 'til aforementioned uncle comes home with his treasures of the sea. Repeat next day. Except that day 2, Syd woke up with a virus and my plans changed to taking care of a sick little girl, who, despite a fever, felt hyped enough to jump off the proverbial walls. (Later discussions with my mother revealed that many children are able to sustain their illness and enough energy to jump for Cinderella's 100 or so doctors--needed for her snake mishap.)

The most interesting part about these cash enterprises is that it seems to pay to be a domestic engineer--as long as it's not your own house.
I drive the youngins to play dates all over town.
I drive them to and from school. I take the sick cat to the vet. I walk the dogs. I feed the dogs. (and cats). I run errands. I make appointments. I take care of kids. I take care of sick kids.
Motherhood better stay the hell away from me until I finish with grad school, unless she can find away to pay me in the monetary sense. I love priceless experiences and all, but in college, every dime counts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home