Tuesday, January 06, 2004

She's Baa-aaack.

Yes, I have returned.
And I learned something (gasp!). Lists are a great way of satisfying other's strange curiosity of the details of my life without exerting too much effort.
Here's a quick overview of the things in my life (since we last met):
1- Went home and did nothing of great consequence. I was semi-productive the first week, dog walking and pet feeding and all. And I was slightly productive the second week, but really, I don't care if I did nothing because that is the definition of a break, now isn't it?

2- Avoided being overtly social and catching up with lost friends. I mean, I went out a couple times and saw a few friendly faces, which was nice, but I don't think I could have handled Miami. Which is different from Miam-ah. Miam-ah is home without the obnoxiousness. Miami includes all those inconsiderate dickwads who rattle everyone's windows with terrible bass lines and etch the windshields of their cars with helpful clues like "Toyota." Big ballas. You know, just in case you really cared about what kind of crap car they were driving, but you couldn't tell because their spoiler is so tall it makes it hard to see. I defintely did not want to deal with that.

3- Saw several movies which ranged between amusing and worth 2 hours of my life to absolutely fucking amazing. Mona Lisa Smile was fun to see with my mother and sisters and think about being independant and not going to school to get my MRS. Big Fish was an excellent morsel of Tim Burton's gift of storytelling and the first new tall tale I've heard in a while. LOTR: The Return of the King was exceedingly excellent. It's exciting to have something tangible after carrying the fantasies in your head since childhood. Elf was amusing and Will Ferrel is definitely a gifted comic, but a decent plot would have been nice. Cold Mountain was fine, but I think I should have read the book before I saw the film. Rented a few movies too, but due to the risk of sounding like a movie geek who spends too much time seeing flimsy films, I'll save those for another time.

4- Hauled in some excellent gifts. Of course, a lady never tells. But I am quite grateful and sent out my Thank You notes on time.

5- Honestly devoted quality time to family, which felt like home.

6- Thought about college career. Let's not get into that.

7- Dropped the 7:30 am Lifeguarding course. Early Morning, February, Pool, Outdoors, I don't know about you, but when those words are in the same sentence, they scare the crap out of me.

8- Went to my first class today, The Likeness of Shakespeare. It's taught by one of the more intellectualling intimidating professors on campus, but I think I might be up for the challenge. We'll see.

And now, I'm going to get back to my responsibilities. So happy New Year and have a lovely day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home