Sunday, February 15, 2004

Cell Phones?

They should call them Hell Phones! (ahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)

[wipes tear] But seriously folks, cingular wireless is bugging me. They're stupid system connection is down in Miami, so if you're roaming, you're going to have problems making and receiving calls. By problems, I mean, you won't be able to follow through with either. I don't really care, to tell the truth.

Admittedly, it is annoying to not be able to check my voice-mail. But on the plus side, I now am free of any obligation to call anyone, since they can't call me! Hurray!
Dad was in the G-Spot this weekend, so I had a nice visit with my pop. I love him very much, but I'm under the impression that I'm the only daughter who holds him in good favor this week. He's been the guardian for my sisters the past couple of months and they'e in hell because they haven't figured out how to manipulate him to get what they want yet. They're operating under an out-dated system and the new one is going Microsoft on their ass. But father-daughter tension aside, we had some good arguments and good meals. Plus, he took me grocery shopping, so the bottle of Fat-Free Ranch in my little Fridgie is now in good company. Score.

(And don't you laugh at my holding Groceries as a high point to the weekend. It's all I have. Middle Daughter should be waking up in her Hawaiin hotel room just about now. Oh you know, school trips. )

Anyways, daddy-daughter weekend is going to be enough to hold me over until Spring Break. It wouldn't have been able to if I were going to New York, but never fear, those plans totally crashed. See, I had wanted to see the city, toute-seul, over Spring Break. I planned for hostels and same-day B'way tickets and visits to the Park and the Met. Then, I opened my big mouth to my friends, and it became a group thing. And then it became a group who can't make up their minds thing. And now, I'm $300 out of the dark and buying a $40 bus ticket to Miami to spend the week in solitude on the beach. Which, is just as nice. I'm suprisingly up-beat about the whole scenario, but I think that's due to my "Hi, I'm an Optimistic hippie telling myself it will all be OK because I really don't want to think about the pending Apocalypse that awaits us in this election" outlook on life right now.

Oh god. A Hippie in Gainesville, I am so cliche.

On Tuesday, between classes, I took a walk around town. For no reason, just a random walk toting around my bag and 3500 some odd pages of Shakespeare. Except, it was a really lovely day. The sky was kind of an earthy gray, the clouds were heavy; it was a blustery day. Anyways, I eventually found myself at Wild Iris, the "womyn's" bookstore in Gainesville, they have a decent selection of womyn's lit in and out of Oprah's circle. The two ladies who run it are really pleasant and have a really cuddly cat. I bought The Secret Lives of Bees, which, so far is excellent, I might add. Over the transaction, I thought I'd do some shameless plugging for our Knitting/Crochet circle. And she was very pleased to hear about the local college kids getting into "fiber arts." So, she helped me out and gave me a free copy of Mama Raga, the Gainesville Lesbian Newspaper. Which is nice, we always love a good turn-out (our numbers are usually 10 or so). But, we are lacking in the feller department. We did have two dudes in the beginning, but one is indisposed and the other left town.
Although, this Thursday, RC did teach two pleasant gentlemen how to crochet. They are in town until Monday for the Rainbow Gathering. I can feel my leg hair getting longer by the second.

A little House of Pain to fix that. Yes. Pack it up and pack it in.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home