Tuesday, February 03, 2004

These are fun!

I have good news:
I have a ticket for Modest Mouse. Actually, it's better than good, it's great. I'm excited all craziness.

I also have so-so news:
There's drama in my life. Jesus.
I hate drama, I avoid it at all costs unless it's $40 and on a Broadway stage.

Act I-
Friday night. Oh wait, I mean Saturday morning. Four o'clock. Saturday morning
Synopsis:
The phone rings. It is T-dawg's boyfriend, who, by the way, when he calls, never follows proper phone protocol. (His typical greeting is: "T-dawg there?" And heaven forbid I should tell him that she's not there, because then he gets all uppity.) Anyways, he rouses me from my slumber to ask me where his girlfriend is. I haven't seen my roommate since 8 pm, when she left for a pageant and I left to get tickets to Modest Mouse, and she left me a voice mail saying how she couldn't believe I left without her.
I returned the frantic voice mail a million times, so much so that her voice mail-box was full when I tried leaving a final message at 3 in the morning, when I was home, and she was not. Although, my make-up, which I hadn't used in a while, was all over the fucking place. At least I knew she was looking pretty.

The asshole (and I don't care to be polite now, since he has never granted me that courtesy) called again (4:30 am) and I explained the above situation to him, whatevered it and said good-bye. 15 minutes later, the roomie walks in trying to convince the asshole that she had been with me all night. Then she came in to my room, and gave me a look. And after she got off her phone with him, she came over to me and said:
"I can't believe you told him I wasn't with you."
She slammed my door on the way out.
I got up from bed, opened the door and said something along these lines:
"It was four in the morning, I had been asleep. I had not seen you since 8 pm, I had no idea where you were, I had been calling all night, and don't ever put me in the middle of one of your fucking fights again. I am not part of this relationship."

We haven't spoken since Saturday, although, I've said things like "Good morning," "Hey," "How are you?" She's doing that deliberate thing you do to the people you don't want to speak to which is make eye contact and then look away.

But that's alright, because there's....

Act II!

I know someone who needs to have a lot more confidence in himself. He needs to recognize what people have been telling him for months, if not years. That is that he is an amazing person when he is completely honest with hisself and others. He is always going to be an amazing person and if he would stop belittling himself, he could see that he doesn't need to say silly things. He doesn't need to compare hisself to sex-objects that he hasn't even seen and come to the conclusion that since said sex-object is with the former flame now, they are cuter than the amazing person I know.
(ps. sex is not necessarily mail)


This sucks. Drama belongs with Shakespeare and Fosse and Tony Awards, not my life. I don't want to go on the Act III, and I don't think you want to hear it.

Let's call this one of my unfinished works and then a day, shall we, sugar?


BLOGGER'S NOTE: Have you ever listened to Modest Mouse? Because I think you should.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home